ITP Website Policy
The Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) presents the www.itp.ca Web site for our visitors' personal use, including educational and informational purposes. You can view and download material on this site for your personal use. You must retain and observe all of the proprietary and copyright notices on ICTC materials. You are not permitted to use, repost, modify, publish or duplicate ICTC content for commercial or other public use without securing specific written authorization from ICTC.
Terms and conditions of use
Any use of the itp.ca site is also bound by these terms and conditions below, as well as by the laws of Ontario and Canada. When you browse the www.itp.ca site, you have accepted, without qualification or limitation, these terms and conditions of use superseding any other agreements specific or implied, between you and ICTC. If you do not agree with the site terms and conditions, you should not use the site.
1. You should assume that everything on this site is copyrighted material, unless otherwise noted. This means you can't use it except as these terms and conditions apply, unless you have obtained written permission from ICTC. For any material on this site supplied by third parties, written permission must be obtained from the lawful copyright owner before it can be used.
2. ICTC makes reasonable efforts to ensure that information on this site is accurate and current, but ICTC does not take responsibility or liability for omissions or mistakes in site content.
3. You make use of the site and its content at your own risk. ICTC and any other parties who have participated in the operation or content of this site will not be liable for any damages, direct or other as a consequence of visiting or using the site or its content. In addition, anything provided to you by this site is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of fitness for any purpose, non-infringement of copyright patent or other intellectual property right or law, or merchantability. Similarly, there shall be no liability or responsibility to ICTC for any malicious code that may infect your computer, server or other property as a result of visiting, using or downloading any materials from www.itp.ca.
4. If you send any comments, letters, questions or other data to the site, it can be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. This means that anything you send to the site can be used by ICTC for any purpose including but not limited to publication, broadcast, transmission over networks or other media, discussion and public disclosure. We reserve the right to make use of any comments and suggestions sent by you to the site for any purpose, without obligation to ICTC to provide compensation, acknowledgement or other considerations for such use.
5. All logos, trademarks and recognizable images of persons and locations are either the property of ICTC, or are used on the site with permission. The re-use of these images by you or any other person is forbidden unless directly permitted by ICTC. Images of persons and places are strongly protected by Canadian and international copyright, privacy, trademark and regulatory body laws and regulations.
6. Other proprietary symbols, images, and language contained on the site should be assumed to be trademarks of ICTC and others. No site content grants any license, specific or implied for the use of trademarked information without you first obtaining the specific written permission of the lawful trademark owner. Any use of trademark content without written permission of the lawful trademark owner is forbidden.
Copyright is a right granted by statute to the author or originator of certain literary or artistic productions, where the author or originator is invested, for a specified period of time, with the exclusive right to do and to authorize a number of acts. It grants the right to make copies and the related right to prevent others from making copies of the work. Copyright protection is utilized as a primary source of protection for traditional published materials as well as computer programs and other works in digital form, which, even when they exist in a form unintelligible to humans, such as object code, are considered to be literary works for the purposes of copyright law.
Permission to copy
You may be allowed, without obtaining prior written permission, to use certain images, software or text for advertising, in books and other printed matter, on clothing or other promotional items, online and Internet locations, for public exhibitions or demonstrations, in software applications, in television programs, commercials, movies, and/or video tapes, provided the use is not disparaging. The use must fall within the definition of "fair dealing" or "fair use" as defined under Canadian, U.S. and other applicable International copyright law. No use should mislead the public as to ICTC sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of your products or services.
NOTE: Please read the End User License Agreement (EULA) and other product documentation, which accompanies ICTC products, to determine what rights are granted to a licensed user of ICTC products. In addition you should consult with your own copyright attorney in determining whether your intended use constitutes "fair dealing" or "fair use", as applicable.
Use of Text
Web Content - Not all articles, documents, manuals, help files, white papers or other documents that are contained in www.ICTC.ca Web pages are owned by ICTC. ICTC is not the copyright owner of everything that is posted on our Web site. If another party is identified as the copyright owner, please contact them directly for permission to use the documentation. If there is no copyright attribution, or if ICTC is identified as the copyright owner, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Pages - Certain use of text from www.ICTC.ca Web pages may not require written permission as the use may be similar to making use of ICTC logos and images.
Product Manuals - If you wish to copy, redistribute or reprint a ICTC product manual, you must submit your request to email@example.com.
Other Publications - If you have a copyright question or reprint request with regard to products published by ICTC, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request should include the following information:
Full ICTC publication title
• Author's name
• Specific pages you wish to reprint (give page numbers)
• Reason for reprint
• Intended audience
If ICTC is identified as the copyright owner, please submit your request to email@example.com
Use of Images and Logos
Recognizable images of persons, products and locations are either the property of ICTC and or are used on the site with permission. The re-use of these images by you or any other person is forbidden unless directly permitted by ICTC. Images of persons and places are strongly protected by Canadian and international copyright, privacy, trademark and regulatory body laws and regulations.
Photos - Your use of photos included on the ICTC Web site may be considered appropriate use and may not require written permission. Please refer to logos and images section for graphic material you can use in various media to depict ICTC products, services and staff. ICTC does not object to third-party use of product shots of our software products in advertising, on documentation, in books and other printed matter, on video tape, in software applications, on World Wide Web pages or in television programs/commercials/movies, so long as the use is not disparaging and falls within the definition of "fair dealing" or "fair use" under International and/or Canadian copyright law, as applicable. You can use ICTC images, provided you do not alter them other than to resize them. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your intended use is appropriate or requires written permission, please check with your copyright attorney. The following guidelines apply for the usage of ICTC photos and product images:
1. You may not disparage ICTC or any of its products in your use of ICTC photos or graphics.
2. You should not use our product(s), product name(s), corporate name, product shots or other copyrighted material in a way that would indicate ICTC sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of Your Product.
3. The ICTC product shot(s) must not be the most prominent visual element. Your Product, company name, logos or graphics should be significantly larger than the size of the ICTC product shot.
4. You should use only ICTC approved product shots, including the entire product packaging. You may NOT use portions of the graphics, artwork or trade dress from the packaging, nor may you alter the product shots in any way except to resize to fit your needs.
5. The copyright attribution should state: "reprinted with permission from ICTC Inc." If any ICTC product is mentioned, the full name of the ICTC product should be used at first and most prominent mention or as soon as practicable thereafter, and the ICTC trademark(s) should be marked as they appear on the ICTC product packaging. A footnote attributing trademark ownership to ICTC should be used.
All other use of product shots of ICTC products requires written permission. Please submit your request in writing with samples, drawings or mock-ups of the product shots showing how you wish to use them.
If you are having difficulty deciding whether your intended use is appropriate you should seek the advice of your own attorney. ICTC will not assist you in making this determination.
Logos - Unless you are licensed by ICTC, you are not permitted to use ICTC logos. If there is a specific logo you are interested in using when featuring ICTC or its products, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you may choose to simply refer to an ICTC product.
Use of Software
Free-For-Download Software - Although certain ICTC products and updates may at times be available free-for-download via www.itp.ca, ICTC, as copyright owner, retains its intellectual property rights to said technology. The software files that are posted on www.itp.ca and referred to as freely downloadable may be used by you without payment to ICTC. However, unless expressly stated otherwise, they are not free for you to redistribute. You may not redistribute any copyrighted materials without such redistribution being specifically authorized under the accompanying license agreement. Please read the accompanying end user license agreement accompanying the software to determine your redistribution rights.
Donations of Product - If you wish to donate ICTC products to another party, please see License Transfer, below.
You may donate or transfer a ICTC product to another party provided you comply with the terms and conditions of the end user license agreement (EULA), which governs your use of the applicable ICTC product. All transfers of license, either through a sales transaction or by way of gift or donation, must include all product documentation, product manuals, original disks and licenses. Further conditions of transfer may be included in the EULA. The individual or entity transferring the software product and license should understand that they are giving up all of their rights to the transferred software, including all rights to upgraded versions of the software.
There are some places on the ITP site where we may ask for personal information, in order that we can present information that is tailored to your needs.
We may ask you to register or to provide personal information when you visit our site, enter a contest, complete on-line surveys, subscribe to a newsletter, or submit content.
The registration forms require contact information like name and e-mail address. This information is used to contact visitors who have asked for information or when otherwise necessary. Users can be removed from the mailing list at any time by submitting a mailing list removal request via email. ICTC will not sell personal information.
Registration forms may ask for demographic information like postal codes, age, or gender. Demographic and profile data collected on our site is used to tailor the information to meet the needs of our audiences. If we are going to share the personal information you provide to us with third parties who are affiliated with our sites, or who provide services to our sites, we will inform you as to how that information will be used and will not release that information unless we have your approval to do so. We may also share aggregate information about our visitors and registered users.
Occasionally we may present a special contest or promotion sponsored by another organization. To qualify for entry, we may ask you to provide personal information. If we plan to share that information with the sponsor(s), we will let you know when we request your information. We also use visitor log-in information to help us ensure that only registered users have access to certain areas of our web site.
When you voluntarily provide us with personal information such as name, shipping and billing address, and credit card number when ordering products online, we use the information to fulfill your order. We may forward the information collected to other ICTC employees or contractors or to other computer systems (such as secure electronic commerce servers) to complete the requested transaction. When ordering products, it is mandatory that you have 128 bit browser encryption.
When you voluntarily provide us with personal information as part of an online survey, we use it to analyze and determine results. We may forward the information collected to other ICTC employees or contractors to perform the actual analysis. You are under no obligation to participate in such surveys. If you provided the information to us in error, you may request its removal.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information and statistics.
Links to Third Party Sites
Public and Private Forums
This site may make forums, message boards and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information (or information that can be viewed by other visitors) and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you disclose such information at your own risk. These discussion boards are moderated and anonymous postings will not be allowed. The private community will have a username and password to access the forums. Please do not share your username and password with anyone. If you forget your username and password, please let ICTC know via email at email@example.com.
Users may choose not to provide information when requested or at any time may choose to discontinue receiving communications from us. To request deletion of your information from our database, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC)
116 Lisgar Street, Suite 300
Fax: 613- 230-3490
ICTC makes reasonable efforts to ensure that information on this site is accurate and current, but ICTC does not take responsibility or liability for omissions or mistakes in site content. We welcome email corrections or updates to the information on this site, these should be sent to us at email@example.com.
You make use of the site and its content at your own risk. ICTC and any other parties who have participated in the operation or content of this site will not be liable for any damages, direct or other as a consequence of visiting or using the site or its content. In addition, anything provided to you by this site is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of fitness for any purpose, non-infringement of copyright patent or other intellectual property right or law, or merchantability.
Similarly, there shall be no liability or responsibility to ICTC for any malicious code that may infect your computer, server or other property as a result of visiting, using or downloading any materials from www.itp.ca.
Links provided to outside sites for the convenience of our visitors only. The Information and Communications Technology Council is not responsible for the content or opinions expressed at these locations.